Hey guys! So I’m starting this new blog series that will either be weekly, or after every book I finish. It is called, “Cast of Characters,” and will be a full character profile!
Book: The Name of the Star, by Maureen Johnson
- Name: Aurora “Rory” Deveaux
- Age: 17
- Gender: Female
- General physical description: average height, womanly figure, dark hair, dark eyes
- Hometown: Benouville, Louisiana
- Type of home/neighborhood: swampy, bayou-esque neighborhood, prone to hurricanes. Her current residence on the otherhand, is London, England.
- Father’s / Mother’s relationship: Still married, reside in Bristol as professors.
- Friends: Jazza (roommate), Jerome (share Jazza as a mutual friend), Boo (suprise roommate), Callum and Stephen (coworkers, you’ll see), Alistair (the mysterious boy in the library stacks).
- Enemies: Charlotte (the bitter prefect), The Ripper (obviously)
- Influential person or event: that one time she choked on a bite of hot pot while telling a story… huge side effects
- Grade in school: Senior
- Attitude toward school: She aims to do well and stresses over getting good grades
- Hobbies: involuntarily playing hockey (I wish the author including other things she liked to do)
- Favorite sports: involuntary hockey
- Favorite foods: Cheez Whiz (heated on the radiator)
- Relationship status: single (ish)
- Leader or follower: both. Starts out as a follower, but makes leader-like decisions towards the end.
- Strongest positive personality trait: Thinks logically, goes with the flow, tends to make sound decisions
- Strongest negative personality trait: not really fan of how she acts with Jerome (when they’re alone)
- Consideration for others: high
- How other people see him/her: The quirky American girl
- How he/she sees him/herself: comfortable in her own skin
- Most important thing to know about the character: She has the power to see ghosts.
- Will readers like or dislike this character? They will like her (for the most part) because of her development as a character, and the fact that she’s the book’s heroine.
- Who I would cast: Camilla Belle